Department: EMB – Embryology
Location: Baltimore, MD
Become the friendly face of one of the world’s leading research institutions!
Carnegie Science’s Department of Embryology seeks a highly motivated Office Administrator who can manage a broad range of administrative tasks to support the department’s scientific efforts. These tasks include coordinating the weekly seminar series with visiting scientists and other ongoing department events.
Primary Job Duties:
- Provides friendly information and assistance to visitors, students, and employees in the main lobby.
- Schedule, coordinate, and support weekly department-hosted seminars.
- Administer department-wide standard procedures for animal and safety protocols in accordance with NIH regulations to maximize efficiency and reduce errors.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for department staff and outside visitors.
- Coordinate departmental activities, including staff appreciation events and collaborative events with Johns Hopkins University.
- Develop an organized approach to processing and full-filling routine administrative requests.
- Communicate critical information regarding events, safety concerns, and emergency alerts to the department.
- Provide administrative support to individual faculty members.
- Provide key backup support to the department’s purchasing activity and credit card reconciliation.
- Plan and coordinate quarterly NIH mandated Ethics Courses.
- Office supply inventory and ordering.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required.
- Three to five years of office management/ administrative experience.
- B.S., B.A., or A.A. degree is a plus but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, clients, and vendors.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Superior communication skills — both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and accuracy