Department: GL – Geophysical Lab
Location: Washington, DC
The Geophysical Laboratory, Carnegie Institution for Science, seeks applications for a Research Intern at the Geophysical Laboratory located at 5251 Broad Branch Road, NW, Washington, DC. Graduates in Earth Sciences are encouraged to apply for an 8-week summer internship starting in June of 2018 and ending August of 2018.
- Applicants must be undergraduate or newly-graduated students in Earth Sciences or Chemistry. They must have completed any number of courses related to: Mineralogy, Geochemistry, Petrology, Marine Geology, Chemical Oceanography, Analytical/General Chemistry and Physical Chemistry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required, along with strong communication skills to interact effectively.
- Newly-graduated or undergraduate students at the Junior and/or Senior level
- Experience in Mineralogy and/or Geochemistry and/or Analytical Chemistry
- Completion of Physical Chemistry I/II
- Previous Research Internship in Earth Science and Chemistry
The position is open immediately, and application deadline is May 25th. This is a temporary part-time position ($15 per hour). Students should expect to work at the Lab for at least two days per week (15-20 hours/week). Interested parties should submit a cover letter addressing the candidate’s interest, a resumé or CV, and unofficial college transcripts (*to be uploaded to the Writing Samples field*). Reference letters are not required but are welcomed. Information about our research program can be found at: https://sites.google.com/carnegiescience.edu/dionysisifoustoukos
Only complete applications submitted via this Carnegie website will be considered.
Prospective researchers will work at the Geophysical Laboratory, Carnegie Institution, Washington, DC. The Carnegie Institution for Science is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.