Department: HQ – Headquarters
Salary: $21 per hour
Location: 1530 P. Street, NW, Washington, DC, 20005
Are you looking for supplemental income and/or a boost to your resume? Come work as an Events Coordinator with Carnegie Institute for Science! The Carnegie Institution for Science Administration Building located on 16th Street between the neighborhoods of DuPont Circle and Logan Circle, is an iconic Washington, D.C. architectural landmark that lends itself to classic turn-of-the-century design with a touch of simple elegance. This building has acted as a venue for scientific events, social events and weddings, non-profit events, corporate and internal events of all kinds for the past three decades. Carnegie Institution is seeking a Part-time Special Events Coordinator to oversee the management of events within the building. Please see below for details on the vacancy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Being present for day-of activities, coordinating back-up support, and ensuring the safety and security of the premises.
- Coordinate with clients, event coordinators, caterers and other vendors involving conference and event logistics.
- Supervising and assisting site personnel, janitorial, and set-up crews.
- Overseeing facility operations during events to ensure building maintenance.
- Assist as needed with event set-up/breakdown.
- Serving as on-call back-up support for other events.
- Oversee rehearsals for wedding clients, coordinating with wedding party and planner.
- Provide event support as needed for internal events, such as registration, crowd control, setup and breakdown.
- Previous event management and/or customer service experience desired.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, with availability on weekday nights and weekends.
- Excellent time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and make decisions in a flexible manner to address changing needs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment while remaining responsible and accountable for results.
- Ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations with tact and professionalism.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume. Only applications with both cover letters and resumes will be considered. No phone or email inquiries please.
All applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.