Department: DPB – Plant Biology
Salary: TBD Competitive
Location: Stanford, CA
Immediate openings are available for full-time or part-time laboratory technicians in laboratory of Dr. Jose Dinneny in the Department of Plant Biology located on the Stanford University campus at Carnegie Institution for Science. This is an opportunity to work in an outstanding academic environment and to gain experience in biological sciences.
- Prepare chemical solutions, such as bacterial and plant growth media
- Maintain lab inventory, restocking and ordering as required
- Autoclave and discharge waste reagents
- Grow plants (Arabidopsis, tobacco) and harvest seeds
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong academic record in Molecular Biology, Plant Biology, or equivalent
- Experience growing and harvesting plants
- Familiarity with sterile technique and preparing chemical solutions
Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Specific opportunities to develop independent research projects. Lab duties will involve keeping track of lab orders, lab organization, maintaining cultures and other stocks. Assisting and interacting with lab members on specific projects.
- Good judgment and common sense as well as critical thinking and attention to detail are required. Must possess excellent analytical, presentation, and written/verbal communication skills.
CV should include GPA if applicant is a recent graduate. Cover Letter should indicate earliest joining date possible.
Carnegie Institution for Science (http://carnegiescience.edu/) is a private, nonprofit organization for scientific discovery founded by Andrew Carnegie in 1902. He intended the institution to be home to exceptional individuals with imagination, intelligence and enjoyment capable of creating and expanding the cutting edge of their fields. Today, Carnegie scientists work in six scientific departments on the West and East Coasts. The Department of Plant Biology engages in basic research on the mechanisms involved in the growth and development of plants and algae. The Department of Plant Biology is located on the campus of Stanford University. Carnegie is an equal opportunity employer.