Department: DTM – Terrestrial Magnetism
Location: Carnegie Science, Broad Branch Road, N.W., Washington, DC
The Department of Terrestrial Magnetism of the Carnegie Institution for Science seeks a Staff Accountant responsible for various accounting tasks necessary to sustain departmental business operations.
- All aspects of account payable functions.
- Review and audit travel expense reports.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Setup assets and track equipment.
- Produce reports and explanations to be used for financial analysis.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Prepare and enter journal entries for actual and budgeted transactions.
- Oversee federal and private grant budget management.
Daily Achievement: Coordinate and complete the above routine job duties in a reasonable time with self-motivation and minimal supervision.
Intermediate Range Achievement:
Become familiar with the organization’s accounting system to produce a variety of reports and carry out other office assignments efficiently.
Long Range Achievement:
Become proficient and work independently to meet monthly and year-end reporting deadlines, and to show initiative in fulfilling duties and expanding job skills.
Candidate should have a BS in accounting/finance and grant management with at least five years of hands-on experience in subject field. Candidate should also have strong accounting, analytical, technical, and organizational skills.
Click on Apply Now link below to submit your application. Please include in your cover letter the names of at least three people who can be contacted for letters of reference.
Carnegie Institution is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.